Asset Management – VP/Director
The role offers the opportunity to lead part of the GP Bullhound Asset Management business which invests in technology on a pan European basis. The candidate will have five or more years’ relevant experience from a VC/PE, corporate finance or a corporate role with a focus on technology.
Candidates will have developed skills in portfolio company and investor management, modelling and presentation skills alongside a sound understanding of legal and accounting matters. The candidate should previously have sourced investment opportunities, executed transactions, worked with portfolio company management and have demonstrated sound investment acumen as proven by their investment track record.
They must have a genuine passion for technology and investments and are likely to have command of German in addition to high business standard written and spoken English.
The candidate must be a team player, self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and competent at delegation while teaching and mentoring more junior members of the team. Key qualities include being able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind-set, being self-motivated and having stamina to work within a high energy and focused team environment.
The candidate should be a strong advocate of culture and values and capable of undertaking the following without significant Partner involvement:
- Reviewing and reporting potential leads as well as in-depth analysis of live investment opportunities
- Taking responsibility for executing and managing transaction processes on behalf of the fund
- Liaise with the entire organization and the German banking team in particular for deal sourcing
- Build a good working relationship with employees across the organisation and offices
- Produce marketing materials such as research reports and attend marketing related events
- Liaison with and management of third party advisors such as administrators, lawyers and accountants
- Managing or developing a powerful personal network