The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the most diverse technology transactions, primarily across the Software, Internet & Digital Media and Interactive Marketing Services sectors. The candidate should have at least 3 years prior experience, probably at a larger bulge bracket or leading boutique advisory firm, where they will have developed transaction experience, modelling and drafting skills along with strong quantitative and Microsoft Office skills, alongside a basic understanding of accounting. They must have a genuine passion for technology and investment banking, should come from an excellent academic background and be highly numerical and articulate. The candidate must be a team player, keen to take on responsibility and be able to delegate certain tasks. Key qualities include being able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset, being considerably self-motivated and having a high degree of stamina to work within a high energy and focused team environment. Fluency in English and in the local language (if different) is required.
The candidate should be comfortable with performing a wide range of roles, including:
- Preparation of company marketing documents through effective workshops with the client management team (e.g. executive summary, investment memorandum, investor presentation, financial model)
- Highly organized team work to manage a transaction process, including well thought-out investor and buyer engagement throughout a road show, effective communication with the client and careful coordination of other advisors and service providers
- Preliminary understanding of the nuances of transaction structures and key elements of deal negotiation, including legal and other documentation
- Build sector expertise and a network to promote the firm through publishing research reports, pitching for mandates, organizing and being involved in company events and attending public conferences
- Provide training and support to other members of the team, particularly in terms of transaction process and internal analytical models and tools
- Assist clients in our chosen sectors in assessing their strategic options with the ability to be hired as financial advisor if the client elects to proceed with a relevant transaction. Support the client during each phase of the process, including advising shareholders on intrinsic valuation, preparing transaction materials, assessing best potential partners, facilitating introductions, contacts and negotiations between parties, all with a focus on ensuring the best possible outcome