Reporting to a Managing Partner (and Founder), the People Director will be responsible for shaping and implementing initiatives across the full employee experience to drive business strategy notably within talent, reward, development and organisational culture.
By delivering a creative, pragmatic and best in class people service to a growing global workforce, you will play a pivotal role in developing the collaborative, dedicated and entrepreneurial environment that we pride ourselves on at GP Bullhound. Ours is a passionate, fast paced and competitive business and you will be expected to support and provide solutions and ideas to the many challenges presented by the business as it evolves.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative and dedicated professional who is keen to progress their career by broadening their international and sector experience, and building their organisational development skills as they prepare the business and its people for the next stage of growth.
What You’ll be Responsible
- Developing a fit for purpose People strategy and roadmap. Successfully managing execution of these and evaluating their contribution to the business.
- Building a profile of business needs and organisational structure, ensuring light touch but effective succession planning and talent management structures are embedded.
- Putting in place people practices to support future growth, specifically the effect on organisational structure, culture, reward, talent management and working practices.
- Working proactively with the business and line managers to build people management capabilities and help them achieve results through their people plans.
- Promoting GP Bullhound values and ethos to develop a cohesive group of individuals working as part of the greater GP Bullhound Group.
- Establishing an innovative employer brand and consistent employee induction and ongoing experience across all our offices.
- Proactively co-ordinate effective staff communication both formal and informal, and across countries.
- Leading, guiding and coaching an HR Manager to build a highly respected and effective function within the wider business.
- Developing early talent pipeline initiatives to enhance capability and diversity of GP Bullhound making it an employer of choice for best in class talent.
- Working with recruitment suppliers to recruit talented and best fit individuals to benefit the long term business.
- Ensuring internal mobility, management skills development and career development through design of relevant L&D programmes e.g. Path to Partnership Programme and GP Bullhound Academy.
- Coaching partners and directors in talent management, employee relations and performance management. Working with suppliers to design and deliver management workshops and coaching sessions.
- Proactively managing performance issues through managers; overseeing and advising on disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Managing performance, bonus and compensation review processes.
- Reviewing reward strategies against market and making recommendations to support talent acquisition and retention.
- Keeping appraised of changes in labour laws and implementing necessary actions for compliance including policies and processes to support not hinder business growth.
- Attending resource planning meetings and contributing to capacity planning process.
- Reviewing working structures to ensure maximum productivity and efficient use of resources.
- Continuously reviewing, improving and implementing operating standards and best practice in terms of HR service levels to staff and managers.
- Working with business leaders to identify potential structural or people changes early. Act as key advisor to business leaders with regards to the best practice approach to organisational change ensuring that they are fully aware and mindful of relevant legislation/employee rights.
- Supporting the business to design and develop a focused future structure, ensuring that a business case outlining the need for any changes is developed and ready for communication.
- Attending both internal and external company events.
skills and qualifications
- Intelligent, commercially aware and degree educated. (Qualified or working towards relevant HR qualification would be a bonus.)
- Extensive, strong generalist HR experience within either a financial services, technology or media environment.
- Proven track record of positively managing international labour relations and culture, specifically during organisational change and development.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering training and development workshops or programmes.
- Exceptional communicator both written and face to face. Skilled at developing rapport and managing conflict, resulting in productive relations with individuals and groups.
- Charismatic, able to lead change and drive engagement, with a proven track record of successfully raising the people agenda as a priority.
- Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent writing skills and a good eye for detail.
- Exceptionally well organised, numerate and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- Ability to use judgement and seek guidance where necessary with confidential issues.
- Great sense of humour, empathy, resilience and work ethic.
- Proven ability to continuously learn, accepting feedback and seeking out opportunities for self-development.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the People service to the business.
- Able to travel for c.5 days per month (Europe predominantly with some visits to US office).
- Based in Stockholm.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience of working for a multinational company, headquartered in UK would be preferable.