25 January 2023 - GP Bullhound publishes qualitative insights into broader Digital Commerce trends and public and private valuations across the transaction spectrum, and interviews with today’s leaders transforming the sector.
Alessandro Casartelli, Executive Director at GP Bullhound, said: “Several trends emerged across the digital commerce space in Q4. Generative AI is redefining the industry as businesses opt for high quality content generated by the technology; mobility sector companies are taking advantage of the metaverse, focusing efforts on sales, engagement and car design activities; and UGC continues to engage audiences more than influencer content, with authenticity a major differentiating factor. Despite a slowdown in M&A activity in Q4, megadeals like Trimble’s acquisition of Transporeon, and Getir’s takeover of competitor Gorillas, stood out. We see continued consolidation in digital commerce players.”
What’s trending this quarter in Digital Commcerce?
Generative AI redefining the Digital Commerce industry
- AI usage by businesses increased by 2.7x in the last four years and its adoption accelerated with the advent of ChatGPT in Q4 2022
- Generative AI already has a strong impact on Digital Commerce with automated higher-quality content generation and personalisation being some of the few benefits for businesses
- Investors are recognising the momentum of AI with several transactions in the space in Q4 2022
Metaverse attracting increasing attention from mobility sector companies
- Mobility sector companies are taking advantage of early incarnation of the metaverse, focusing efforts on sales, engagement and car design activities
- Recently introduced novelties include virtual showrooms for cars, allowing customers to discover their ideal automobiles from home
- Innovation is also taking place in the automotive design domain, with some car designers using 3D renderings that are viewable with headsets to lead a more hands-on engineering process
Authenticity driving rapid shift in marketing techniques and consumer engagement
- 74% of consumers now rely on social media to inform their purchasing decisions
- User-generated content is considered 10x more impactful than content from influencers, which is becoming increasingly more expensive as influencer marketing gains traction
- 90% of consumers today cite authenticity as a key factor in deciding which brands to favour
For enquiries, please contact:
Alessandro Casartelli, Executive Director, at [email protected]
About GP Bullhound
GP Bullhound is a leading technology advisory and investment firm, providing transaction advice and capital to the world’s entrepreneurs and founders. Founded in 1999 in London and Menlo Park, the firm today has 13 offices spanning Europe, the US and Asia. For more information, please visit www.gpbullhound.com.
Please complete the form below to access the full report